Discovered - Maybelline Superstay 24hr & Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Maybelline Superstay 24hr Foundation - £8.99 - here
After, so long I finally bought this foundation a few months ago as my friend kept on telling me how good it was. At first I didn't get on well with it but now I actually quite like it. I think i didn't love it straight away because I picked up the wrong shade as I am normally Ivory but i found this to be a little too orange. The packaging has recently changed which I like ore as it is much nicer and sleeker. The downside to it is there are only 6 shades but they do vary quite a bit. The formula is smooth and gives a flawless even semi matte finish. I think it is a medium coverage foundation but you can build it and it wouldn't look cakey but I personally prefer just the one layer. I don't think it would be good on people with more oily skin as I think it could just slide off after a few hours. I'm not quite sure on the 24 hour claim but it does last for me all day which is about 8 hours. Overall, it is a good foundation and I think it would be good if they did a dewy option like Nars do sheer glow and sheer matte.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - £5.99 - here
I received two testers of this foundation at the Clothes Show Live (but I actually didn't go) which is so long ago. I really like this foundation as it gives a medium coverage but it can easily be built to high but I think it could look a bit too much so I stick to one layer. It is a moussey formula which isn't cakey even though it is thick and gives a matte finish (which you can probably guess from the name). It says it 'leaves skin shineless' which I completely agree with and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. To apply it I use the Real Techniques expert face brush and it blends really well. I find you only need a small amount but it wouldn't be the best foundation for dry skin as it clings to dry patches. I wouldn't advise to powder unless you really need. Similarly, to the Superstay foundation there are only 6 shades so  it alienates darker skin toners. Also, the packaging isn't very exciting as it is just in a plain tube. Overall, it is a good quality foundation for the price which I do recommend if you want a cheap drugstore matte foundation.

I believe both of these foundations are really good but I think they would be best to wear in the winter rather than summer.

love sonia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.