Review: Loreal True Match foundation

Sunday, June 08, 2014

If I asked you what has been the post popular and raved about foundation so far this year I am sure most people (all beauty bloggers) would say the Loreal True Match. This is what I think of the foundation.

This is my current favourite foundation which has recently showcased in my May favourites which you can read here.
I have never found a foundation that I truly love and get along with, I am normally choosing between my Rimmel wake me up or another foundation I am trying at the time. After reading many reviews I decided to do the online test to find out my shade and it was decided that I was W1. I went into boots and tested it along my jaw line and then left it and ended up going back the next day and bought it in that shade. Loreal have claimed that it 'matches skin texture and colour' which I can't agree more with.' The shade was perfect for me which I don't think I've ever found with a foundation. Also, there is such a wide shade range it is definitely perfect for every skin colour so Loreal really had every customer in mind.
It is a medium coverage foundation which is what I normally go for but it can easily be built up without it looking cakey at all. The foundation is very runny which makes it lightweight but I have actually found that I prefer that after trying this foundation. The finish is quite satin and flawless and I do not need to wear powder any more only for my concealer which is great. It lasts me all day so it is really long wearing and doesn't move at all on my skin. Some people have said that it clings to dry patches on their face but I haven't found that and my skin has become quite dry recently which I need to find out how that has happened. But if you do find it clings to dry patches you can easily overcome this by using a primer beforehand.
Loreal also have claimed that this foundation is 'super bendable' which again I can't argue with. To apply I use the real techniques expert face brush and the foundation blends into my skin flawlessly with not much effort at all. It also has an SPF of 17 in the foundation which won't be good in front of flashing cameras but I don't find that paparazzi follow me on but it will be good in the summer.
Now, I can't review a product without talking about the packaging I think for a high street foundation the packaging is brilliant. It is a glass bottle which I love as I think it makes a product seem that bit more expensive and it has really good pump which is always a tick in the box for me as I hate tipping foundation on the back of my hand.
Lastly, the price of the foundation is great it's £9.99 which you can buy from Boots or Superdrug. I think this is a really reasonable price for how good the product is and I have had mine for about two months and haven't finished it yet. I have heard that this is similar to the Mac studio fix foundation (which I want to try) and the Giorgio Armani luminous silk but I don't have either so I'll have to find out if that's true one day.
Overall, the Loreal True Match foundation lives up to its name and I will be repurchasing it very soon. Have you tried the true match foundation?
 photo Signature_text_2_zpsf97fbd9f.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.