Being a better blogger

Sunday, October 19, 2014



I had a bit of dilemma when I came to write this post as I had already agreed thinking at the time I could write a post that is relevant to what this company wanted. So I emailed one of my favourite bloggers as I knew she would be honest and very helpful and she definitely was. As I had agreed to do the post already and I did have a blogger brainwave, I thought lets do it. With that being said I will be thinking about advertising terms on my blog as I think it is only fair for me and you.

  Lately, I have felt that my blog hasn't been as good content wise as it was in August. You may not have noticed this as I have been scheduling posts etc but I feel like I haven't given it much time which has meant my posts I don't think are very good.  With school and life in general it means that my life has got pretty hectic and my to-do lists seem to be getting longer and longer.
Which brings me onto today's post which is how you could improve your blog and how how I would like to improve mine. 
At the side of this post you will have probably noticed quite a big image which I was sent to feature, I did find this very helpful as it has some very good facts and information that would be very useful to other bloggers. 
Anyway, here are a few ways that I would like to improve my blog:-
Quality and Quantity - Quality is one of the most important things for me when blogging as I want my posts to be the best they can be. So from now on I will not force myself to put a post up if I don't think it's good enough. As I think I put a little bit too much pressure on myself to post 2/3 times a week. 
Interaction - I love the blogging community as everyone is so nice and supportive which makes me want to get more involved. This could be commenting more on other blog posts as I feel that I don't do this enough. I also want to remember to get involved with all the other blogging chats. I also want to connect more with you my followers/readers so if you have any ideas how let me know. 
Social media - lately, I have been pretty good using my blogging twitter, I have two as one is my personal twitter, hopefully soon I will just go down to one as it will be easier to balance. My instagram is something I want to use more as I have really enjoyed posting my daily outfits even though they are mostly the same. If you don't follow me on my social media you can find all my links in the side bar. 
Photography is the main thing that bugs me a bit about my blog as it is something that needs a lot of practice. I know I want to save up for a camera but right now my phone and Ipad is working just fine I think I need to concentrate on my editing skills before I buy a camera. A big SLR camera is not really necessary when blogging as I think right now I don't have time to learn all the settings but when I do I will be making sure I use it to the best of my ability. 
Don't compare - we often find ourselves comparing to other people but in my case I compare my blog with those who have been doing it for years. I love writing my blog and everything about it so why should I compare it to others when mine I hope is just as good. 
I hope you like this post and it helps you too.
How would you improve your blog? 
post signature
Disclaimer - I was contacted by Farfetch to include their infographic but all opinions are my own. For more details here is their website www.farfetch.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.