REVIEW: Mac studio fix fluid foundation

Sunday, October 05, 2014

A foundation that I have been wanting to try ever since I started this blog and probably before. Now, I have it only means that it is review time. If you read my post on Wednesday then you will know that I am really pleased that I finally took the plunge and picked this foundation up. 

This foundation has been very popular with some beuaty bloggers and vloggers as I know Gabby (velvetgh0st) swears by it but then I have also seen some reviews where they aren't to pleased.
I have been using this foundation for about two months now and throughout that time I haven't had a day where I don't like it and I have learnt how to apply it. I apply it by pumping it onto the back of my hand, dotting it all over my face and then buffing it in with quite a dense brush. It is best to use a light hand as you aren't being to harsh with the product then.
  The shade I have is NC20 some days it can be a little dark but I always put my foundation on my neck too so it isn't really noticeable.
 Mac says that this is a 'modern foundation, natural matte finish, medium-buildable coverage with SPF15 and lasts for eight hours.'  
The foundation is a matte finish but not a heavy one like the Rimmel stay matte as this one doesn't set completely matte I feel that it is more of a stain finish (similar to the true match foundation) which is probably why they call it a natural matte finish. Most people now are looking for a dewy foudation that makes you look very glowy and to be honest I am but then there are days where I won't be able to maintain a dewy finish. Even though, studio fix is matte it can appear to look dewy by handing a cream blush and highlighter.
 The coverage of this foundation is definitely buildable I haven't actually built it up to full, I normal use about 1 and a half pumps as not a lot of product comes out, this gives me about two layers and is a even finish. I find that the foundation is very long lasting and I don't need to powder throughout the day. When wearing this foundation I also find that I only need to set my concealer and T-zone with powder and the foundation on my cheeks etc why move or disappear. 
Mac have a amazing shade range for this foundation from having cool undertones to warm, to have the palest to the darkest shade which I find great as drugstore foundation's don't really have that. 
The only two down sides with this foundation is that it has quite a strong wet paint smell which at first is hard to get used to but after a while I started not to notice it and now don't smell it at all. The final downside is that it does not come with a pump and for a high end foundation you would kind of expect it to have one as if cheaper foundations can provide one why can't more expensive. But anyway I spend the extra £4/5 so next time it will save me from buying a pump. 
You buy the foundation at many places such as Selfridges, Debenhams etc which you probably already know. It costs £21.50 (here) which for a high end foundation I think is quite reasonable and you really do get what you pay for. I recommend going to a counter to get your shade matched all the mac people that I have spoken to have been very helpful and then picking up a tester so you can see if you like it before buying.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased with this foundation and can't wait to try more high end ones.
What do you think of the studio fix fluid?
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.