BEHIND THE SCENES TAG

Friday, November 07, 2014




This tag was created by Rikki from Luscious Lane (her blog is amazing) so I decided to do it as I really like the idea.

Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging in August 2013 which sounds like ages ago but it was only just over a year ago. I read a lot of other blogs and finally decided that I could probably do it too, so I did. I loved writing especially about two of my favourite things (beauty and fashion)  and I knew it would help me when applying for University and now it is my favourite thing to do. 

What gives you inspiration for blog posts?
I'm not really sure where I get my inspiration from it comes from anywhere really. Some days I will have loads of ideas for posts but then others I will have hardly any. I also love looking at other blogs, magazines or pinterest.

What advice would you give to people starting out?
I think the two pieces of advice I wish that I did would be to keep going and try to post at least once a week and make sure that you use your social media as the twitter chats can really help you find new blogs to follow and meet other bloggers.
What is the best thing about being a blogger?
I never really class myself as a 'blogger' only when I need to explain to someone what it is which is hardly ever. But my favourite thing is the community as everyone is so nice and welcoming and I also love that I am doing something I love to do.

What do your friends and family think about you being a blogger?
My family actually don't know I write a blog and until May this year it was a bit of a secret until I told my friend Kirti and then I finally got round to telling my two other friends Paul and Peighton. One day I will tell my family I'm just not sure when yet haha. 

Is blogging how you pictured it to be?
Yes and no. I knew it was going to be hard work but I didn't realise how much work, time and effort it actually takes to get one post up. As you are doing everything yourself it's great that you have so much control but it can be difficult to get the posts up sometimes if you are really busy.

Are there any bloggers that you feel deserve more readers/ have you made any friends through blogging?
Every blogger I think deserves thousands of readers as I know how much time it takes them to get a post up so they deserve loads of readers. I have spoke to quite a few other bloggers on twitter which I love as the community is so nice.

What inspired your blog name?
I chose 'casual yet chic' as my blog name as I felt it represented me and my style because I like to keep things quite simple but then maybe dress them up to look more 'chic.'

I hope you like this post and I tag everyone who reads this, leave a link when you have done it as I would love to see your answers. 

Sonia x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.