Clothes Show Live 2014

Friday, December 12, 2014
















































On Tuesday, I attended the Clothes Show Live which my fashion class. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is held at the NEC in Birmingham and lasts for five days, Tuesday being the last day. There are three big halls filled with clothes, accessories, beauty and hair stalls and then there is also a fashion show which you go and watch. I have been to the Clothes Show once before which I loved and brought quite a lot however this year I didn't think the stalls were as good so didn't come back with much but I did get what I wanted to make sure I purchased, haul coming up later in the post don't panic. 

Despite this, I thought the actual fashion show had improved a lot and was really amazing show. The show is held in the Alcatel one touch theatre and lasts for 45 minutes, there are several shows running throughout the day so you pick a time when buying your ticket. This years theme was New York so the outfits and choreography were well thought out and resembling the bustling streets and high end fashion of New York. I was also very pleased when Jamie Laing came out to present our show and the music act was Elyar Fox who had never heard of but I did recognise the song. Here are some pictures of the show, I'm afraid they are not very clear.



 Now onto to the haul...











































Of course there were many well known brands there including Ciate, Rimmel, Carmex, Barry M, Models Own, Lee Stafford and more but I surprisingly didn't come away with much. I have bought a few goody bags before from there so I knew what to avoid as you can get some pretty rubbish stuff such as a green eyeliner. One goody bag I did want was from Rimmel which was the Kate Moss one but it was already sold out and the queue was far too long. But what I did buy was some of the Henry Holland fake nails which I had wanted for a while, these only cost £1.50 which was such a bargain. I opted for the monochrome ones as they would go better with my outfits, I also only noticed when I came home was that they came with letters that you could stick on. The final thing I bought was what I went for and this was a Candy Kittens T-shirt which was £20, still quite pricey I know but the top is very comfortable and it is by Jamie so I can justify it. I chose to get a large as I wanted it to be over sized. My friend Peighton also bought me my Christmas present which was from Candy Kittens too which was a Christmas cracker. This included 4 packets of sweets one which I already ate, these were the sour watermelons. The cracker also included a keyring, sticker, lanyard and pencil which is great for £5.

Overall, I loved going to the Clothes Show and pleased with what I bought but next year it could be improved.

What do you think of the Clothes Show?
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.