The Best of 2014

Sunday, January 04, 2015


Happy New Year! My first post of 2015 is going to be my favourite products of 2014 which include make-up, skincare, nails, hair and body. I don't have a product for each individual category as I went through my collection and picked out products that I had been loving the most throughout the year. Most of these you will probably be able to guess as they would have been in  my monthly favourites post or have been reviewed. If I have done a more detailed review I will leave a link.



So for foundation favourites I couldn't just pick one as I loved all three of these at different points in the year. For my favourite high end foundation and the first I have ever tried is Mac Studio fix fluid (review) I love this foundation for the coverage it gives as when having a bad skin day this gives me a flawless finish. My favourite dewy foundation is the Bourjois healthy mix foundation as this gives a good even coverage and leaves my skin feeling healthy and glowy. My final foundation choice is a new release this year and is the Loreal True match (review) which I have recently repurchased, this foundation is quite similar to studio fix but costs a lot less so is more budget friendly.
My favourite concealer of the year was Rimmel wake me up as this is a really good under eye concealer as it brightens and illuminates as well as providing a good coverage. My favourite brush this year was one I bought quite early on in the year and this is the Real techniques setting brush (review) I find that this brush is very useful as you can use it for so many things which is why I am so glad to have it in my collection.
 Some more make-up favourites, this year I finally bought myself a Mac lipstick, I bought this in January and fell in love straight away but then never got round to buying another until the other day where I bought twig and now the satin finish is officially my favourite. Lip products this year have been the product that I have really bee trying lots of new ones this year. My favourite liner this year is the Rimmel exaggerate in east end snob as this is the perfect light pink which is a great base for lipstick and also just to line. My mascara favourite is the Bourjois volume one seconde mascara (review) as this mascara makes my lashes fuller and more voluminous. Finally, for eyes is the Topshop liner, I have never been the best at liner but this has really helped me to improve an provides a really thing black line which I like to make my lashes look longer and fuller. For nails, my stand out nail polish of the year as got to be the barry m gelly's they are really affordable, have a great range of colours and last for quite at least 5 days for me.  


 My number one hair favourite this year has got to be the Asda dry shampoo, the one photographed is not really my favourite one but the original is great. I love this because it is so cheap and doesn't leave my hair feeling chalky or leaves a grey mark. It just refreshes my hair which is the only job I need it to do. For skin care my two favourites are quite similar as one is the simple moisturiser which is light and preps my skin for my make up. The asda night cream is a grey bargain and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft in the morning (skincare routine). Soap and glory are one of my favourite brands for body care as all there body butters and body scrubs are really moisturing and cleansing and I have been loving using them this year. My final 2014 favourite is the St Tropez gradual tan I used this a lot in the summer as I would use it for my skin to look a little more tanned after moisturising or on top of fake tan as it meant my fake tan would last longer.


So there we go all of my 2014 favourites, what were your favourites in 2014?
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.