FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TOPSHOP THE FOUNDATION

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


In my recent order from Topshop, I received a sample of their foundation (here) I decided to give it a go and thought I'd share with you my first impressions (hence the title of the post). 

Topshop as you all know is a very popular fashion brand but last year they branched out into the beauty world by releasing a make- up collection called 'The face.' The line includes the foundation, the concealer pallette, concealer and the primer, the aim of all of these products is to  create a natural and flawless make-up look.

The foundation claims to 'create naturally flawless looking skin with barely there make up.' I definitely agree that the foundation gives a natural and light finish however I found that it felt slightly greasy on the skin. I applied it with and without a primer and didn't really find much of a difference with the finish or longevity of it. Applying the foundation was very easy as it is very runny but personally I like foundations to be thin, to apply it blended really well and created a medium coverage. The foundation states that it's perfect for all skin types but as it is quite greasy I don't think it would work for oily skin people as it would just slip right of their face.

 There are five shades in the range (only 4 online) I have shade 2 which was quite a good match but had a slight shade of orange to it. I think there needs to be a darker shade in the range so that it is suitable for every skin colour. The packaging of the actual bottle of foundation does look similar to a high end bottle as it is a glass bottle which has a dropper to get the product out which I think is really good as it means you can use all of the foundation.

Overall, this is a good foundation however the price could be lower maybe £10-12. I don't think i will be purchasing it as the greasy finish is not for me but I wold like to try some of the other products in the range.

What do you think, would you try this foundation?
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether that is a business opportunity, information or just a chat feel free to email: soniahussain11@gmail.com.